Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blogs and Evolution

There is no intelligent design in my blog. It's a collection of what I have to tell you on that specific day. What I say today may be different than yesterday, a week ago, a week from now. All I ask is that you consider the most recent input from me. Hence, the lyrics from yesterday.

The hardest thing for me to accept from caregivers is: "This is about you. This is your own challenge. You will process things differently on a day to day basis. You will be ornery sometimes (now who of you does that surprise?). The next day you will regret it. Maybe you should get a "Mea Culpa" shirt (OK, they didn't say that, but I thought it was clever)."

So...the rules are, we need to be flexible and adjust (However, not the rules that some members of my immediate family use when playing board games - you know who you are!). I'm enjoying the calls and visits while I can. They may need to tail off. Until then, we are playing by the current rules..."Bring On The Fun!" The only rule that will need to be in place full time is I can't have visitors with any kind of sniffles, colds, exposure to viruses. If you have planned to come by and aren't comfortable about a sniffle, that's OK. I'll take it as you looking out for me.

Medically, some of the numbers were lower yesterday than previously, but that's not a setback. It's all part of this process and those numbers are being closely monitored by the caregivers. Next visit with the caregivers is Thursday of this week.

The first hat showed up in the mail last night. I don't think anyone guessed it correctly. It was the red stocking hat.

Do at least one fun thing today!

4 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

4:47 AM? Somehow never pictured you as a morning type of guy...nothing important to share, just thinking about you today and sending good thoughts in your direction! Am of course also praying in the wee hours of the night when sleep is far away. Miss talking to you.

skippy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stevo said...

Was Skippy a bad boy? (reference post removal)
Laura, my little dudes and I are praying for you each night. Prayers usually include Michael singing the "Our Father" at the top of his lungs. The lad is, of course, singing show tunes. Haven't watched "Riding in Cars..." with him yet : )

uncleryan said...

I consider myself to be usually pretty ethical when it comes to Risk and Monopoly. I don't know what you're referring to... Just kidding.

Thank you, sir, for the birthday card. I got it the other day. I'm looking forward to coming down Thanksgiving. See you in about a week!