Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hats and stuff

The Scottish hat showed up today (all of them are now here). I think it is my favorite because it just seems to have a bit of an attitude about it (plus it has Terp colors in it). And....it fits perfectly!

Medically, things could be better, could be worse. Got to wear a protective mask out of the hospital today because my immunity is down. In addition to the good thoughts you are sending to me, also send them to the caregivers. I could tell they were disappointed. They are working on adding other items to my arsenal, so we'll keep punching back.

Right now, my attitude is November 10, 1984. Halftime score: 31-0. Bring it alien punk. I WILL get all Frank Reich on you!

Here's a link that you may find helpful: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/When-Someone-You-Love-Is-Treated

Don't know why this popped into my head, but it's a fun quote from "Carousel":
Jigger Craigin: [trying to hit on Carrie Pipperidge] Oh, Miss Pipperidge, I'm just crazy fer you! Why, just to see your lovely smile I'd swim through beer with my mouth closed!

Tomorrow: My solution to the Economic "Crisis." Step #1 - Quit watching the news and read a good book. My current recommendation ( I was on this before Oprah - just ask my sister-in-law): The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Fashion show! Work the runway!
When are you posting pictures of you in the hats?

JPNtheHUN said...

Hola! Post game--the REAL KT showed up to PLAY tonight! WOOHOO! Wish you'd been there with us! Rissa is now 6 points from the 1600 mark, apparently will 7th Terp to do that. It was dicy for a while (much too close for comfort!) but they pulled it out and I AM PSYCHED!!!

Oh--and on topic--you might need a Terp Head hat...

JPNtheHUN said...

that should be "apparently will BE the 7th Terp" Sorry. Bad proof reading. Oh, wait, you know that...

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for the Scottish hat! Did you know my middle name is MacNaughton?

Unknown said...

Hey Greg! I want to see you in those hats!! Get someone to take pictures and post 'em here! You'll be just TOO stylish! Chin up, eyes up, God's watchin' over you! Love ya, dude!

RERC said...

Taking your advice in advance about the economic crisis, I am not looking at my 403(b) and instead am reading a good book--Dante's Divine Comedy. I am almost out of Purgatory at this point!