Monday, November 24, 2008

Other Things

I've always liked this: "The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom like the rose."(source: Isaiah 35:1) The reason I initially liked it was that I found out that it was the inspiration for the name of the area where I grew up in Maryland - Blooming Rose. I don't think it's on any map, but it's near Friendsville MD. I still like if for that reason, but I also like the inspirational nature of it.

Today - some improvement - still on the disabled list and won't be in any starting line ups yet. I'm no longer on some of the restrictions (Note: If you have to wear a medical mask in cold weather and you wear glasses, make sure you have a cloth to clean your glasses as you pass between outside and inside). I'm clear for no more visits to the doctor until my next "chemo party" - unless I detect a change in how I feel. Just getting used to what is the best time to go to bed and that if I have energy in the AM, realizing how much gas is really in the tank and spreading it out over the day.

After the doctor appt. today I was very excited about getting to go to the store and buy a scrub bucket (what a sad, pathetic man). However, it felt great to put on a pair of jeans that were baggy in the posterior.

Another note: I know you may be rushed over the next month, but be nice and return your shopping carts to the little stalls they have in the parking lots.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! Better yet, when in Germany, just grab one of the carts from a little kid. Saves everyone a trip, right Stevo??

Kylee Wyotee said...

Note: make sure that the parents aren't around though or you're sure to get some dirty looks and be thought of as stealing from children from children! : )

Steve's bigger (but younger) brother