Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thank You

Wow...some friends from work came over this morning and mowed my lawn, cleaned up leaves, cleaned gutters, made me laugh, all within 1.5 hours.
Some other friends stocked my refrigerator last night.
I have several invitations to Thanksgiving dinner if medically it is not recommended that I have guests to my house for Thanksgiving (I should know that tomorrow).
Other folks just seem to know when to call or send encouraging e-mails at the right time and check in.
I got a "shout out" on the Ralph Friedgen radio show on Wednesday night sending best wishes (You can hear it if you go to http://www.umterps.com/ and click on "Multimedia." You will have to download some Microsoft Software. After that, you find the Ralph Friedgen radio show link and click on the Nov. 19 show. Go to the 35 minute mark and you will hear it. If it's all too complicated, call me and I will play it for you.)
I could list everything, but the orchestra is playing for me to end the speech and leave the stage.
You all are teaching me alot about how to respond to others in the future.
Right now, every day is Thanksgiving.
Feeling pretty well today.
Terp Field Hockey Team is playing for a National Championship today. UPDATE: "Maryland Downs Wake Forest In National Championship 4-2"
GO TERPS!

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! And college football shall not be mentioned.

skippy said...

Just to follow up on that a little. Can there be any doubt that the ACC is BY FAR the best overall athletic conference? Men's and women's soccer? ACC, no question. Field hockey? ACC, without a doubt. Baseball? ACC. Hoops? ACC is always in the top three, and the women are usually number one. Really, it's only the football programs that lag....