Sunday, November 16, 2008

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!

Contentment over the MD-UNC game yesterday (Hope none of my caregivers are Tarheels.). A great friend from Silver Spring MD was here yesterday to watch it with me (I just knew the Terps would score on that final drive. When they did, I told my friend that the Tarheel ensuing and ultimately, final drive would end in an interception). Credit to my good Tarheel friend for calling with congrats immediately after the game.
Movie recommendation - Watched it last night again after I have seen it several times and marvel every time I see it: "Waking Ned Devine." A well crafted and layered movie with excellent comedy, and character personalities that leave nothing on the screen.
We capped a great visit off with a visit to Joes Inn of Bon Air (here in Richmond) for their Sunday breakfast buffet. Confirmed that I have a great appetite right now.
Wondering who the following followers on my blog are: Karen,Blsgmsb,KSQ,BushMan. If I should know, forgive me and either post or shoot me an e-mail. Thanks for following! A friend of mine who follows thinks it's hysterical I have followers. I told her I don't, it's the blog that does.
Hoping it's a great Terps weekend overall and the Terps soccer dudes beat UVA in the ACC final.
Just chilling out today and going for a follow up appt. with the doc tomorrow to see if the platelet count continues to improve or hold it's own.
Ahhhhh...it's Sunday afternoon. Take a minute, or 60 to sneak in a nap. I've already captured 30 of them so far.

4 comments:

skippy said...

First. Glad you enjoyed that slopfest. A mess of a game, I'd say. Ah well, second to worst to the championship game in one year is probably too much to hope for. Are the Terps Tampa bound???

And BTW. It's Tar Heels, two words, not Tarheels.

erinnicole said...

LOVE waking ned devine :) love the music in it, too! i bought it while i was overseas this summer, and i went to see the cliffs!

Kathleen said...

How about those Terps! I was sitting there in the rain knowing somehow they would win by a field goal at the end. It is just supposed to be cold on Saturday. I will kind of miss the rain! Not. I knew you would be watching and wishing you could be here. I waved at you - hope you saw me!! There was also an entire rainbow over Byrd at one point. I think that is a good omen for you and the team. We drove through Tully Mor two years ago when we were in Ireland. Love that movie!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I just found this blog thanks to our mutual friend Steve. I hope all your care givers are Tar Heels, and thanks a lot Skippy for pointing out that is it two words.

I am still grumbling about the Tar Heels' loss to the Terps, but it makes me far more insanely mad that they lost to that other team in red.

I just got back from Maui and while there noticed that the Terps are playing in the invitational in 2009. It's definitely a great way to spend Thanksgiving. I would highly recommend it.

I will have to post this "anonymously" today, since I can't remember my account details without my cheat sheet handy.

- Judith G