Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun Times at Results Appt.

First, I gotta tell you, the building (Virginia Cancer Institute at St. Francis in Midlothian VA)where I went for today's appt. is pretty cool! It looks like a ski-lodge!
Below, are the details from today's appt.

1) There is a mass that is a collection of swollen lymph glands that measures 7.5" x 5.9" in my abdominal area (Now I know what it's like to be in the second trimester of a pregnancy).
2) It is a malignant lymphoma.
3) There are multiple lymphoma types ( A good analogy is that we know it's last name, we don't know it's first name yet). They are still testing to classify the type. Once classified, they will know what form of chemo will be used to get it out of me.
4) I am scheduled to know the type of lymphoma by Thursday of this week.
5) There are various preparatory tests and procedures that have to occur prior to the beginning of the chemo treatment. The are a total of 4 tests and procedures and 1 consultation that I will be going to every day of the rest of this week. After I return from the test or procedure, I will post the details on my blog.
6) The goal is to start chemotherapy at some point next week.
7) Length and frequency of chemo treatments will be determined once we identify the type of chemo.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Mr. Alien is showing some fear!

4 comments:

Bobbi R. said...

Darn that alien!! He would have to be a nasty one! Well, he should be shakin' in his boots 'cuz that chemo's gonna whamo his buttamo! Still prayin'!

Mom said...

Greg,
Denise DVC sent me to your blog. I just want you to know that I am thinking about you and I will look forward to following you through this journey. I am looking forward to your wit and wisdom and coming up with more terrific slogans for the MGN.
Bless you,
Gloria

tjb said...

Greg,

You are in my prays good friend. Before you know it you'll be back telling us stories about your second life as a thespian. You owe us a song. Get well soon we don't know what to do with out you. - tjb

RERC said...

Just got your email and came over here. I think blogging about this is a great idea, and gives you the chance to say things your way.

Don't know why, but I suspected something was going on in these last few weeks.

Did you know I have also had the bone marrow aspiration thing? Yes! And it was exactly as you described. [That's how they diagnosed my blood disease eight years ago.]

I look forward to keeping up with your blog, and of course I will be praying (on a professional level, LOL).

Look at the photo I chose for me in the "followers" section. I bet you can guess what I picked before you even look!

Becky Copeland