Friday, May 29, 2009

Home And Stuff

Finished at the hospital yesterday right at 5PM. Even though it is nice to have meals prepared and brought to you, it was even better to get out of there and come home and choose my own meal. Overall, another good experience with really nice caregivers.

Yesterday, a friend asked for some clarification on the remaining treatment. Let me try this analogy. When I was first diagnosed, there was a bee hive in me with a bunch of bees growing in me. The first recipe of chemo killed a bunch of those bees and got it down to some of the worker bees and the queen. The second recipe got it down to the queen and it is intended to wipe her out. The third recipe (which will be the MCV stay) will be with the intent to kill any eggs that are laying in there to keep them from hatching. In effect, wiping out the potential for any future activity in the nest, and then the nest rotting away.

Even though that part seems like it has the least amount of work to do, it will be the one that results in more side effects than I've had in the past. Oh well, they'll only last a week or so and then the stem cells will kick in and start doing their job. The whole process is very interesting to learn how it works.

How does that explanation work? Let me know if you have any questions.

3 comments:

k candler said...

Good analogy actually

Anonymous said...

Why am I thinking about honey?

-Judith

skippy said...

Man, what have you got against bees? I'm worried this NHL thing has left you bitter....

LOL.