Monday, May 4, 2009

Less Vivid Dreams

Must have been because I napped quite a lot yesterday, but last night's dreams weren't anywhere near wacky as the night before. I even took two "4P's" yesterday. Was good to rest yesterday even though I would have spurts of productivity (some vacuuming, putting things away, etc.).

Today is Neulasta shot day (oh gee, I have to see my chemo nurse friends today....they told me the other day I was like family...) and Thursday is blood work. We'll see how the blood and platelets respond this time. The doctor did say a platelet treatment would be likely again this time. Just a matter of when. Oh well, they worked last time. I have another appt. scheduled with the doctor on May 18 and then they are also giving me my appt. schedule today for the scans, another bone marrow biopsy, etc.

A friend asked if the need for the third "camp chemo" session meant they had found something that required it (vs. only needing two as I previously mentioned). Good question! The good news is, no they did not find that anything had flared up. The bad news is, it only adds to the wait time, but in a way, it's more reassuring to see the target dates get more defined than it is to wonder if the dates are going to change. Any thing's a possibility with this stuff, but it's good to have slivers of something to hold onto sometimes. I told the doctor the other day that even though I had some anxiety about the possible side effects during "3 week camp," I would determine who would be in charge of them. She agreed.

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
I'm just a poor boy,I need no sympathy-
Because I'm easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me,
To me." - QUEEN

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. Nothing to add to a sweet Queen reference. So, I'll just say "Hello." Hello.