Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Momentum

Good news today. Just finished meeting with the Nurse Practitioner to review the results of last weeks biopsy and scans. There is significant improvement from the previous scans and I have responded well to the Chemo Recipe #2 treatments. My platelet counts are as high as they have been in awhile, the red and white counts are trending to the anemic side, but the folks here at the clinic will be able to deal with that. I will be needing more platelet and potentially some whole blood transfusions in the near future, and I can deal with that. Knowing what is ahead of me vs. being surprised by it takes away a lot of the stress asssociated with the whole thing.

Today will be the last administration of chemo here at the clinic and then in about 3-4 weeks will be the admission to MCV for the stem cell transplantation therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love good news and less stress for you.

- Judith