Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh, Why Not?

On a rainy day in Richmond (where it's been raining for several days and I love every minute of it because emerging plants are getting plenty of water for the growing season), and I have blood work today and the possibility of platelet infusion.... I'm ready for them this time. Going to take my laptop and cell phone and get some work done while I wait. I'm getting smarter through this. Also, I took another Bo and Hunter big boy step last night and finished shaving the rogue "oh my gosh what happened to his head", hairs off my head. It was kind of liberating and not the crisis I thought it would be.

"It's astounding, time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely, not for very much longer
I've got to keep control

I remember doing the Time Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the Time Warp again...
Let's do the Time Warp again!" - Rocky Horror Picture Show

That song gets me fired up every time. Another one is my favorite rock and roll instrumental of all time: "Fire On High" by Electric Light Orchestra. If you think all back masking is evil, this is one song that doesn't have evil back masking. The hidden message on that song says, "Music is reversible. Time isn't. Turn back."

And to the anonymous commenter yesterday who said "If you combine Pink Floyd, The Wizard of Oz, AND your hallucinatory drugs...?", I think I know who you are and you made me laugh out loud.

And if you are in need of creating a "Best Day Ever" for yourself, take "just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right. With your hands on your hips,You bring your knees in tight"

Rock On!

2 comments:

skippy said...

In the immortal words of SpongeBob:

Sometimes the little things start closing in on me,
when I'm feeling down I wanna lose that frown
I stick my head out the window and look around.
Those clouds don't scare me
they can't disguise,
this magic that's happening
right before my eyes.
Soon Mr. Moon will be shining bright
so the best day ever will last all night.
Yes the Best day ever's gonna last all night now.

It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)
It's the Best day ever (Best day ever)
It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)
It's the Best day ever (Best day ever)
(Best day ever)
(Best day...)

skippy said...

Oh and FIRST!!!