Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still Lots To Learn

Yesterday and this morning going well. Much of the same routine as in the past. On day two of this, when I wake up there is the the nausea reflex that subsides by mid to late morning with the assistance of chemistry. Once that passes, it's easy to start focusing on the release time which should be about 4-5PM today.

The one thing that doesn't get old with this is meeting new folks in here. Each nurse and nurse tech has their own distinct personality and it's interesting to find out why they chose this profession. They are good people with good hearts.

Got some good information yesterday from the MCV folks. I have encountered a lot of information for what I call "non-licensed medical professionals" who mean well. However, they do give bad information in a well meaning way. My doctor said the best thing to do in those situations is to smile and say "thank you" and then call her for clarification. That works well for me. The information that I got the other day was that I would need to tear up and remove all of the carpeting in my house and throw away all of my rugs and replace them before I come home from MCV. In addition, I would need to have all of my ductwork cleaned in the house. The MCV folks said that all I needed to do is a good spring cleaning on the house and that I would need to steam clean the carpets and rugs, but no need to toss them out. In addition, unless there is a severe dust problem in my ductwork (which there isn't), there would be no need to do that.

Heard from Judith who follows this blog and she has some elective surgery coming up that won't be lots of fun. She's got her head around it even though she taunts about her UNC team whenever she can. That may be an incurable illness. Keep her in your thoughts.

Bo had a good day in school yesterday. He and Hunter have helped me a lot by being less goofy about removing bandages. They are good dudes! I will not apologize for the fun we are all going to have when the doctors give us the all clear to see each other.

3 comments:

skippy said...

First. Being a Tar Heel is not an illness, it is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

As Skippy says a bad case of Carolina Fever is a blessing. Dookieitis is incurable and consists of severe back pain, a permanent scowl on one's face, and constant screaming of words not suitable for TV. I won't taunt the Terps too much because I am so so afraid of the Turtle. But at least I can outrun a turtle.

I have to do a thorough cleaning of my house before my surgery, not because any currently licensed medical professional says so, but because my mother the former RN is coming to stay with me for a few weeks and she has been nagging me to clean my room for over 40 years, so I ought to at least preemptively dust.

I hope that at media day this fall, the real Coach Williams says something like, "I am the Coach Williams with TWO national championships." (poke, poke)

- Judith

Bo R said...

I hope you are doing well. I will send Stuart & Linny over for the house cleaning.