Saturday, May 2, 2009

Recap And Other Info

Got home from overnight "chemo camp" last night around 7PM. There was a problem with one of the UV pumps on Thursday night (Upper Line Occlusion) that went on for several hours. Slept well last night, I did. Otherwise, all went well. For now, the doctor asked me to be cautious and avoid large social gatherings (church, theater, concerts, NASCAR race)for a week or so, since the blood counts will be compromised. She's going to look at them next Thursday. I'm allowed to go to the store, mow the lawn and other stuff, so I'll keep busy. Tight schedule today. Stuff to get done today before a hockey game (Go Pens!) and the Most Exciting 2 Minutes In Sports!

I did find out yesterday that I will have to do another "day camp" and overnight "camp chemo" on May 26,27,28 before the 3 week session at MCV starts. That will push the 3 week session into late June, early July I would imagine.

My friend who gave me the "It Is What It Is" sign called me yesterday. A good friend of hers with whom she works was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. My friend told me she didn't know what to do. I told her to be herself, it worked in the way she has interacted with me. She'll do fine, not sure about her friend's diagnosis yet, but if you could add them to your "heart list," that would be great.

My friend, Jay's father passed away last week Jay made the trip to Western PA to attend the funeral. He was fatigued when he got back, but was glad to make the trip. Next week, he finds out what his next treatment is to be.

Bo didn't have the most fun at chemo yesterday. He said "It wasn't his best day ever." I know the little superhero will bounce back.

Hunter's sister gave him a mohawk hair cut and then painted red lightning bolts on both side of his head. Sounds like there is amusement in Manteo NC over it.

Good day today and good days coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are home. Take it easy. I shall carry all the friends you mention in my heart.

- Judith

Anonymous said...

"Go pens"? Excuse me? Oh well, maybe next game for you.
Enjoy your good time and keep dancing through the bad ones. Prayers for you and Bo and all.
Lisa