Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hurry Home

Yesterday twas a day of mental accomplishments. Here's where I was mentally over the weekend. I had conversations with myself saying that this thing taking almost a year to get the "all clear", stinks to high heavens. I heard voices in my head with counter arguments and although they were right, I still had to argue with them. I did come to reality however, and as echoed by real people, this whole thing is a one year investment in an entire lifetime of many years to follow. I read a blog yesterday by a 60 year old guy who had NHL (I do read other blogs and internet postings with some skepticism unless I am forwarded them as a resource by a caregiver) and did the stem cell transplantation. He stated that after his transplantation was complete, his immune system was that of a 23 year old. Guess it's like having an engine overhaul in some way. I'll get more details on that for you. If it's true, "I got that going for me."

Then..I got a call from someone at church last evening who I have never met. She told me she had read my blog. Then she started talking to me about ramps. She and her husband are going to North Carolina this weekend to dig ramps and wanted to know if I would like some. All I can say is that it's probably best my bone marrow biopsy isn't next week. It'll be good just to smell 'em!

Then...I was thinking about how Bo and Hunter focus on the good times. I came across this song last night:
"The breakthrough was needed, by the sign of the day.
Singing out our revolution, children show the way.
They made out a charter, sealed with a song.
It took me across the river, to where I belong.
Hurry home to your heart. Hurry home to the voice.
There are times for inner changes, be ready for the voice.
Hurry home said my love. Hurry home to the stars.
Start a new generation, with a freedom that's ours."
"Hurry Home (Song from the Pleiades)" - Jon Anderson(formerly of Yes)

Then...., Friday I got a packet of info from my health insurance company requesting information and providing information. I couldn't process it. Too much info. Yesterday, it all made sense and was more explanatory than it seemed. They spelled out and defined the stem cell transplantation process. I'm no authority (nor will I be), but I do find the whole thing interesting. My hope and prayer is that I will be able to use my knowledge of all this to help other cancer patients get through what they are facing in the future. My strongest hope and prayer is that there will be no need for me to volunteer time for cancer patients in the future. I do hope you take that the way I meant it.

That's why I am comfortable with my doctor and nurses. They are taking care of the physical and medical part of all this. They also are very aware and encouraging of the mental part of this. Whatever your source of nature's creation is, there is no denying the goodness and power of the human mind. It sees, it heals, it questions, it hopes, it looks, it finds. Then..... it starts all over again.

3 comments:

skippy said...

First. More '80s power pop/prog rock for you, inspired by the Jon Anderson lyric:

Sing for the day
Sing for the moment
Sing for the time of our lives
Come for an hour
Stay for a moment
Stay for the rest of your life.

Good post today. Very solid.

skippy said...

Oh, that's Styx. But you knew that.

Anonymous said...

If you combine Pink Floyd, The Wizard of Oz, AND your hallucinatory drugs...?