Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More To Come Today-Here It Is (With Shout Outs!)

Running behind schedule this AM and need to get ready to go to the hospital for today's and tomorrow's treatment. Will post more stuff,including the story behind today's picture,once I get there and get settled


The picture above is a t-shirt that a client friend had made from a drawing her young son drew. What a great gift!

How about them Penguins!

The sad news about the alien is that the scan results show he is drawing his last breaths. The change in him from the previous PET scan is that there were two glowing areas and now there is only one that is minimal and they think this round of Camp Chemo will eliminate that. There is still mass in there, but it is calcified - meaning it is dead cell residue that will eventually pass from the body. I have been contacted by the MCV folks that they have started the scheduling process for my pretesting and I should be admitted there in about 4 weeks for the 3 week camp.

Shout outs (in no particular order of playing favorites): Two friends in Louisiana that I knew from mutual theatre experiences here in Richmond that faithfully follow the blog and sent a card yesterday with their son wearing the latest in hat fashion -a traffic cone

A friend in Chicago who also follows the blog even though she went on a "New Kids On The Block" cruise.

Multiple friends that follow Bo's journal and post supportive comments because they know his family must be great people because I say they are. Bo had a spell over the weekend of not feeling well, but he was back to feeling well last night. His final chemo date is scheduled for August 14.

Friends who came over to my house and let me make my most excellent "frozen concoction that helps you hang on" for them and confirm that it is one of the best they have ever had.

Co-workers and bosses who have been more than amazing in their support of me through all of this.

Friends and family that share and are genuinely amused by my dark humor moments.

Oh...I have been honored in the chemo room at the clinic. One of the drug companies brought a tsotchke to them that has a suction cup base and at the top of it has a cartoonish head on a spring with tufts of multi-colored hair on it. When you press down on the head, it lets out a wicked laugh and then says,"I'm having a great day!" One of the nurses wrote "Crazy Frazee" on the front of the face and the name "Gregory" on the back because she said it reminded her of me. Don't know how honored I am personally about that, but I'll take it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shirt! I hate red, but it will look good on you with the rest of your Terp gear.

Your comment about the dying alien made me think of ET as his light dims when he is being pestered to death by his captors. While I am glad that ET survived his captivity, I am even more delighted that your alien's glowing is just about toast.

-Judith

Anonymous said...

Take that! You old lump of calcified dying alien. No "frozen concoction that helps you hang on" for you. Be gone!
Lisa

skippy said...

Sounds like good news for today. Oh and you now have a rock taken respectfully from the highest point in Tokyo (a shinto temple to the fire gods).