Friday, July 10, 2009

"A Blessing On Your Head"


This picture is the actual machine that is collecting my stem cells.

By all accounts, this could be the final day of stem cell collection. Last night was the last time I had to go back to the hospital in the evening to get the shot of Mozobil. One thing for certain, the drugs and the stem cell collection do have effects on the body. I was a little "sea legged" after I left the collection yesterday, but with rest, I recovered. As far as sleeping, between the normal anxiety and the drugs, I didn't sleep as well last night as I did the night before, but at least I slept and had good dreams. No "visions" last night.

Good news is that my blood counts are good. Platelets are down and that's normal with this process. Since my white counts are good, I will be able to do some social activities this weekend that I was hoping to get able to do. I'm looking forward to it.

Funny story is that my blood magnesium counts were low the other day and they had to inject some magnesium in me. I asked them if there were any foods I should be eating to help boost the magnesium. There are several healthy alternatives including some beans, peanuts, whole wheat products, etc. In addition, chocolate is a good source of magnesium. I tried the chocolate pudding route as it also has calcium which can also be reduced in this process. You guessed it.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender looks at him and asks, "Why the long face?"

Today's title source - Sheldon Harnick

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. A priest, a rabbi, and a duck walk into a bar.

Bartender says, "What is this, a joke?"