Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm Growing Accustomed To This Place

Schedules have a way of changing. The folks at the clinic called yesterday afternoon and asked me to come back down at 8:30 last night to get an injection of Mozobil to help stimulate stem cell production. In addition, I needed to get the dressing changed where they inserted the catheter lines yesterday.

Currently, I am in the apheresis clinic getting platelets collected. This process will occur daily at least for 4-5 days until they have collected enough stem cells to have in reserve for the "reboot." Each day's collection process last about 4-6 hours.

That's the deal for now.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First!

I've grown accustomed to this place.
I'll come here when the day begins.
I've grown accustomed to the room where
They bleed me night and noon.
Their smiles, Their frowns,
My ups, my downs
Are second nature to me now;
Like bleeding out and bleeding in.
I was serenely independent and content before we met;
Surely I could always be that way again-
(spoken) Nah. Screw it. I'll be INDEPENDENT again!!!