Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Don't Worry Mr. Alien....

...it's just a harmless liquid in a sodium chloride solution. Gosh, Mr. Alien has been sooooo sucker punched when he didn't know what was coming sometimes. For instance, today was the scheduled last day of chemotherapy. EVER. The last drip finished shortly after 5PM today. There was a small celebration in my room involving the playing of "The Hallelujah Chorus" by Handel. Next up, stem cells back in me on Thursday and then building up to the mean, fighting machine of cancer that I will become. If cancer thought it had a challenge from me prior to all of this, "I pity the fool" once I get the green light after this.

A friend of mine said to me the other day, "You have probably tripled your amount of friends during all of this. That's pretty cool and I am also humbled by comments like the one that was posted by Annette yesterday on my blog. There are a lot of people in the profession of treating and fighting cancer in all levels of the process like herself, and they are amazing gifts to all of us.

When I wonder about how the economy or other issues are going to pan out, I realize that there is inherent goodness in everyone and in the world. It reminds me of one of my favorite mantras. "That which is not good, is not permanent."

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

skippy said...

She's about to lose control and she just can't hide it.