Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Far Beyond Where The Horizon Lies"

Back at apheresis this morning.

Great news about the guy that I mentioned in yesterday's blog is that he has met his stem cell count and will be admitted for treatment soon. He's carrying a pretty heavy load with his diagnosis and also with personal issues.

I found out today that I will potentially be admitted next Thursday. By potentially, I mean that no one is complete control of what the body's responses/reactions are going to be in this process, so you adjust and adapt as necessary.

I related to the nurse attending me today that I had a anxiety "vision" of sorts last night in the middle of the night. I told her that this process sometimes is like looking at the horizon and seeing dark clouds rolling towards you. She asked, "Are you able to see beyond those clouds?"

Today's Title Credit - Stephen Schwartz

3 comments:

skippy said...

First! "Sweet, sweet, sweet nurse, tell me, what says my stem cell count?" ... Or something like that...

Anonymous said...

Surely there are Carolina Blue skies beyond the clouds. But that is just my vision. And perhaps the poet Skippy's too.

- JG

Kathleen said...

The stem cell count is going up! Another step towards those beautiful blue Maryland skies beyond the clouds.