Thursday, July 30, 2009

Three Bags Full

Late post today as the internet connection has been fritzing. Perserverance and patience and some well timed naps.

Last night, starting at 11PM, I was infused with 1 round of platelets and 2 bags of whole blood. The process lasted until about 7:30AM. They would have to wake me and take vital signs to make sure I was not having any issues. It was somewhat of a restless night, but wasn't too bad. The nurse was very quiet as she did what she had to do. In fact, I didn't even know when she brought the second bag of blood in to my room, she was that quiet.

The need for blood products is not an emergency or a set back. It's part of the rebuilding process. From here, they will draw blood every night to see if the things are starting to rebuild in there. With good luck, numbers should start shooting up in the next day or two. After that, they watch for them to maintain themselves and then if they do, I will be released. No time frame on that yet. I got goals. I'm at peace with whatever date. I do believe I'm down in the singular vs. double digit amount of days left.

It's all about the pearls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder I was up all night last night. :-( I am glad you got some rest through it all.

- Judith

JPNtheHUN said...

You inspire me.