Saturday, July 11, 2009

Starting Ignition Sequence

By day end yesterday, they had collected close to 4.5 million stem cells over the course of 4 days. Unofficially, that should be enough to begin treatment. I'll know officially from my transplant coordinator at the clinic on Monday.

For now, starting to get things together for hospital visit of fun and also adding some non treatment related activities to take the edge off of a week of visits to the hospital. One of the nurses told me the impact on the body of a day's worth of stem cell collection is equivalent to running a marathon due to the losses of electrolytes, etc. that occur during the collection process. Never had any desire to run a marathon, but I know now my blood stream could handle it.

One more pitch....I saw "A Day In Hollywood, A Night In The Ukraine" last night. It is being performed at The Cultural Arts Center At Glen Allen by The Henrico Theatre Company from now until July 26. Great show. Lots of fun. Makes me want to watch Marx Brothers movies all weekend.

Nothing to post tomorrow or Monday AM. Will post info on Monday evening after I get official confirmations of stuff.

No comments: