Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Reminds Me Of....

...driving in my car to closing when I bought my house. There were moments when I said, "If I turn my car around and head back to my apartment and call the closing attorney and tell him I am backing out, it will get rid of a lot of stress and all will be fine. Do I REALLY have to buy a house?"

I went anyway. The attorney and his assistant were fun and it was a reasonably good feeling to be handed the keys. A few days later there was a big party at the house and hearing people's voices talking and laughing made the house feel like a home.

Yesterday, the transplant coordinator called me and in the conversation she said, "We're going to have a lot of fun down here while you are here." I told her that I hoped so.

Giving the blog the weekend off. All that I'm doing this weekend is getting the shots to prepare for stem cell collection and then Monday they will do blood work to check the stem cell counts and then also insert the catheter. I'll do the next blog entry Monday afternoon/evening to let you know how the day went.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! Is it good karma that your blog went over 10,000 visits going into the weekend of many shots? I think so.

Steve-O and I were wondering if after your stem cell stimulation (whew, say that five times fast), you might be able to reproduce by budding. I know. We're science geeks....

erinnicole said...

have a happy 4th, uncy g :)