Friday, July 24, 2009

I Missed The Talking Monkey Part

The stem cells went back in with no event. Sorry, no pictures. Just didn't feel like doing it. The doctor and nurses were all over monitoring me as they went back in and did a great job. Except for feeling a little flush, I tolerated it pretty well. Some of the nurses said they could smell the preservative, but I did not. You know how that goes.

I think between the anxiety, subconscious, and the drugs, I had quite the set of technicolor dreams last night. They lasted all night long and I saw some places I've never seen. Nothing too crazy, just dreams that would make me feel relieved to wake up in a hospital bed. The content of the dreams was about being lost, not being able to find things in a grocery store, trying to find lost things, etc. Zoweee. Maybe it's good I read some "Calvin and Hobbes" comics this morning - or should quit reading them before I go to bed.

Feeling good today and today is officially "Day 1" of the 100 day recovery process. Yet another day to celebrate this year and every year!

Have a good "Day 1" yourself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you were dreaming about the lost alien, just stop it, that sucker is gone for good. Don't get your subconcious wrapped up in that. I wonder what symbols are supposed to be in "victory" dreams. I have no idea because I rarely remember dreams, but perhaps sunrises, mountain ascents, sexy chick in a bikini walking towards you alluringly, and Tar Heel victory celebrations. I hope your dreams tonight are filled with these images. ;-)

- Judith

skippy said...

I'm all lost in a supermarket.
I can never shop happily.
I came here for a special offer:
Guaranteed personality.

I'm all tuned in, I see all the programmes/
I save coupons from packets of tea/
Ive got my giant hit discoteque album/
I empty a bottle and I feel a bit free

The kids in the halls and the pipes in the walls/
Make me noises for company/
Long distance callers make long distance calls/
And the silence makes me lonely

I'm all lost in a supermarket.
I can never shop happily.
I came here for a special offer:
Guaranteed personality.

erinnicole said...

ahh, calvin and hobbes :) maybe your next dream will be that you're a cool private eye with a hot dame walking into your office? or maybe dinosaurs...or snowmen!

dad says you're BFF with all the nurses now...what a shocker ;)