Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Do My Dreaming And My Scheming...

...in my room." - The Beach Boys

I am officially admitted and waiting for the ride to take off. Will start the first administration of chemo this afternoon around 4PM.

How to find me, you ask?

I am in MCV (official name is VCU Health Systems for you out of town folks) Hospital.
I am in room 15 on the 10th floor of the North Hospital building. The direct phone number is 804-649-5798 (the phone has not been hooked up yet). I also have my cell phone with me and that number is 804-432-0223. If I don't answer the phone when you call, I am either in a procedure or have visitors. If you call my cell, you can leave a message and I will call you back.

My e-mail: gregterp AT verizon DOT net (I posted it that way to keep from getting spam e-mail. You sub in the @ and . where normally they are placed). Sorry, if I'm insulting you tech geeks with that instruction.

If you want to send cards, the address is: Greg Frazee , C/o MCV/VCU Hospital , Bone Marrow Transplant Program , 1300 E. Marshall St. , North Hospital-10th floor , P.O. Box 980157, Richmond VA 23298-0157

If you come to visit and are unfamiliar with the area, it's very easy to find on Google Maps and there is plenty of parking nearby. If you get lost anywhere around the hospital area, the people that work here know it's a big place and a bit overwhelming and anyone will help you if you think you are lost.

Rules about if you come to visit: If you have a cold, sore throat or flu, or have been exposed to chickenpox in last 3 weeks, they won't let you in. No fresh flowers or live plants. If outside food is brought in, it must be unopened and canned, boxed, bagged or frozen. No fresh fruit or vegetables. No food prepared at home or a restaurant. You will have to wash your hands at the sink outside my room or in the hallway before you come into my room. You won't be permitted to sit on my bed or use my bathroom. You won't have to pick up my phone while here. If you do, we'll just have to wipe it off. I will have a little sheet of info about other stuff you will need to know when you come into my room as far as what you can touch. If you bring a drink in the room, it has to be covered. Only 3 people other than me can be in the room at once. Best news, you won't have to worry about kissing me as that is not allowed. If you have children that aren't in my immediate family, they aren't permitted to visit.

Sounds a bit overwhelming and I hope it doesn't discourage you from visiting. Your visits will be part of the therapy and I look forward to them. The "rules" are nothing more than common sense at a paranoid degree. Obeying them now, allows for the raising of heck and good times later on!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Kevin said if he can't kiss you, he's not coming to visit. Guess your stuck with just me.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Greg!

- Judith