Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Got Expelled

Went to clinic today. Numbers are still heading up. White counts aren't far from the minimum normal level. Should be there by next week. Platelets are over a third of the way to the minimum normal level. Things are trending well. The reason I was "expelled" was that I get the next TWO days off and the next appt. isn't until Sunday. After that, they will schedule successive appts. They even cut my infusion of magnesium off today as they were getting a little backed up and they said I didn't need the complete supplement anyway. Have a great day and see you later!

Also found out today that the lines they put in me at MCV for IV/Chemo/Stem Cell infusion/etc. will be removed sooner than later. They could be out by the end of the month. I was surprised. I thought it would be sometime in September. That's good news to me!

When I was released, I asked the doctor for any parting words of wisdom. He said "Keep your head in the game and drink plenty of fluids. It will go a long way towards your success." I think that's a life lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does drinking a six pack count as plenty of fluids? Congratulations on all your recent successes.

- Judith

JPNtheHUN said...

Hope you are off enjoying yourself! Finally had time to catch up on you and everything looks great--am so proud of you!