Monday, August 17, 2009

In This Case...

...no news is good news. Not much going on blood work wise. Went in to clinic yesterday (Sunday) and counts are holding or improving. No where near where they ultimately need to be but the comment from the nurse was, "Your labs look good, so you are out of here and we don't need to see you until Wednesday." Yet another two day suspension from clinic school. Right now, the whole purpose of going into clinic is to monitor blood counts. I haven't needed any supplemental stuff while I am there. It's kind of odd to feel as good as I feel and know that I am susceptible to any and all infections. That's why I'm playing by the rules.

I'm eating well and have had no yak-attacks since last Wednesday since the physician's assistant told me to eat smaller portions spaced throughout the day, rather than three larger meals. It pains me to not be able to peel my own bananas or kiwi fruits. I have to have them peeled for me. I do like tropical fruit. I think tropical fruit is God's apology for broccoli.

Still not allowed to drive, do my own laundry (although I can pull it out of the dryer and put it away),wash dirty dishes (although I can empty the dishwasher and put things away), do dusting or vacuuming, etc. It won't be long now, but for now, I will play by the rules.

Friday is Bo's last chemo and he and his family is looking forward to that milestone. Hunter had his chemo port removed last week. That means all of his scans came back cancer free.

Good stuff all around.

5 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Bo would definitely agree with you on the fruit being God's apology for broccoli- he would also add spinach and peas to that list!

So glad you're doing well Greg!!

Kristin Friend said...

I agree with Amy...so thankful for how well you are doing! Wow! I'm blown away! It is a huge gift from God!

You da man... sticking by the rules even though you are feeling so good! :)

Anonymous said...

As inviting as it sounds, I definitely don't want to follow your pathway, just to get out of doing dirty laundry and dishes. I must find another way out.

I am so happy for your continued success.

- Judith

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight... you are looking forward to doing dirty dishes? I'd hold off on that a bit if I were you.
Congrats to you and Bo and Hunter. Go have a drink... of water.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Check out Tuesday Aug 18 Washington Post Health section article: "Our Cells, Ourselves, and a Lifesaving Bond." About donating stem cells.