Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today's Stuff



Just got home from clinic. Good news today. Met with one of the fellows and a doctor and they went over my blood work history (including today's blood work). They said I am progressing nicely and they are pleased. I had a concern about my white counts dipping while other counts were going to where they needed to be. They said that the white counts are stabilizing and that it is a result of my body taking over the manufacturing of white counts (they were being stimulated with chemistry while I was in the hospital) and also the other counts are being produced by my own body. They took me off the anti-fungal medication (which is great, because it is really bitter if it lingers on the taste buds)and I am only on a couple of medications right now.

I am allowed to be "Home Alone" without the need for a 24 hour caregiver, but will call the clinic immediately if something feels wrong. I'm still not allowed to do the laundry, vacuuming and dusting thing. I'm sending out an e-mail today to folks who have mentioned they would be willing to assist with that. If you don't get an e-mail from me, shoot me one back and I'll add you to the list.

I'm still a couple weeks away from being able to drive. That is strictly based on platelet counts, but I'm getting there.

Even better, the port that is in me that has the tubes sticking out of me will likely be removed by next week at the latest. That will only leave the "power port" in me (the one that is entirely under my skin) and that removal date will be set by my regular oncologist.

It's amazing what a good clinic visit can do for the mind.

2 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

Woo Hoo !!! You go Greg!

skippy said...

You are the Champion, my friend.