Thursday, August 27, 2009

On Tap For Today

Some blood work and the removal of one of the port lines (i.e. the one with the two lines sticking out of the upper right chest area). Say goodbye and good riddance to them. I never really made peace with them, but did learn to tolerate them. They have only been in since early July. The reason I did learn to tolerate them is that they prevented me from having to get an IV for every chemo, blood, or platelet infusion I required and also they avoided me having to be stuck in a vein for blood work.

All that will be left is my power port and the time frame for it's removal will be a discussion with my regular oncologist at some point in the next several weeks. There will most likely be some scans to determine if the alien still exists or has gone into hiding. The scan results will determine the schedule for the removal of the power port.

On having a good attitude.....I have been credited for having a positive outlook through all of this and was giving it a bit of thought last night. All of the professionals I have encountered have said that having a good attitude through this is essential to recovery. I thought about the folks that have fought their own aliens and might not have had the outcome for which they hoped. In my mind, they didn't lose. As long as they LIVED every day, they won. Maybe, instead of using, "And in his dying days," one could use, "And in his final LIVING days."

I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's one thought. If I wake up, the rest is downhill and I can handle it. And here's another. May all of us appreciate what we have every day, send prayers to those less fortunate and help when possible.