Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's On!

Important stuff first.....Hunter, down in Manteo NC had scans the other day and the scans showed....NOTHING! He is considered to be cancer free right now. As if there wasn't enough fun to be had in the Outer Banks.... Bo, is coming close to the end of his treatments, but with that comes the "What ifs?" It's the same thing as when I talked the other week about being in the field with blue sky surrounding you and on the horizon... Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Today, looks like release from the hospital day. The white counts continue to jump up. AS of last night's blood work, the blood work shows that the stem cells have moved back home and are starting to repaint the walls. I'm feeling good and that's what they are looking for. So...tonight, I'd should be sleeping in my own bed. Ahhhh!

Then, I'll be back to solid internet connection. When I am home, feel free to come visit. The rules of "don't apologize if you can't come visit because you aren't feeling well, or think you have been exposed to something" will still apply, but just give me a call if you think you would like to come by and we'll go from there. During the days for awhile, I'll probably be at clinic, but should be around in the evenings. My home phone: 353-4738 and the address is: 10221 Merrigan Road, Richmond VA 23235.

If you are ever in the MCV area, buy a small bag of chocolates (they love York Peppermint Patties), and deliver them the the BMTU unit on the 10th floor of the North Hospital. Tell them "Greg sent me." You'll make friends for life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reasons to celebrate:
* Hunter's free of cancer.
* Bo is doing well.
* Greg's progress & release from Camp MCV.
* My neighbor is giving birth today to a baby girl.
* "Max" is now 19 days old & looks forward to meeting Greg.

Anonymous said...

Today is definitely a day to celebrate.

- Judith

Pat said...

Hooray...that is great news! Should we warn anyone that you are being paroled? (for excellent behavior, of course)