Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back From The Dark Side Of The Moon

Whoo-weeh! Internet connection this morning! The internet connection has been pretty spotty and cantankerous down here all week, so I am taking a waking moment to get caught up.

Feeling pretty good! Blood counts are the key indicator for the moving ahead process. They have been watching them on a daily basis. There are numbers that need to be in line for me to be released including, and very importantly, the white blood counts that need to be at a specific level so I can have some resistance to infections, etc. As of last night, they have started to bump back up. Other numbers (hemoglobin, magnesium, calcium, and many other cousins) are holding their own and looking good. I should have an idea sometime Sunday late morning as far as the continued trending of the numbers and the impact on a release date.

All of that said, my energy level is very good and I walked in the hallway more today than I have since being admitted (Thanks to having plenty of Gipsy Kings tunes in my I-Pod). Energy level is a sign they are watching, also. Of course, knowing that time left in here is short, perks one up a bit. I will say it again, there are great people in here and they have done a great job with the care.

One other note, your visits are still welcome and appreciated. Feel free to contact me on my room phone (804-649-5798 )if you think you would like to come visit. If you are coming via any kind of public transportation (planes, trains, busses), they recommend that you hold off visiting until my numbers spike up a little higher. You may not be feeling bad, but you may pick up a bug from someone else that might be lingering around. Most importantly, no need to apologize if you don't come to visit I take it as you are looking out for me for that very reason.


Don't be concerned if there aren't any more posts until I am released and back to a consistent internet connection. It just means I can't get on the internet down here to post.

Then, on to more pearls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg,

Re: the internet, may all your electrons be in the correct orbits.

skippy said...

Go blood counts, go!!