Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In Spite Of His "Other" Song...

...John Denver had it right about the "Hey, it's good to be back home again" song. Got home yesterday afternoon somewhere before 3PM. Was a little out of sorts because I felt like I had stepped into a house that I didn't recognize because I didn't know that it could be so clean and clean smelling. I thought I did a pretty good job of keeping it tidy, but I was taken to school on what a clean house really should look like. Wow!

There was some anxiety in the evening last night as I had a bit of a yak attack. I think it came from dehydration as I didn't drink a lot of water when I first got home yesterday. Once the attack hit, and the drugs kicked in, and I got re hydrated, it settled down. Had my heart set on eating some real food for dinner last night, but that didn't happen. I did put away an oatmeal raisin cookie before I went to bed without a problem. Looking forward to breakfast this morning. I will tell the clinic folks about it today and we'll deal with it. The doctor did say yesterday that the best thing I could do for myself to continue the recovery is that I make sure to keep the fluids in me (64-80 ounces/day) and that will help fight off any infection. Here's a tip for you....same rule applies to everyone. It's cheap, preventive medicine. There are a lot worse things that you could have to ingest to fight off infections and water doesn't seem like a bad alternative.

See you around..........

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Welcome home! Enjoy those marvelous terrapin red sunsets in your own space. Keep eating the oatmeal raisin cookies. I believe raisins are a fruit and everyone needs 5 of those a day to be healthy. (I don't think there is a rule that the fruit cannot be in a cookie!)

Pat said...

I love John Denver!! Now that song will be in my head all day. Glad you are back home and doing so well. It's funny you should mention the water thing because I just started trying to drink more water this week and it's amazing how much better you feel. Every time I drink I will think of you (water that is)