Sunday, August 2, 2009

Would Have Lost That Bet

One of the caregivers and I had a conversation yesterday about where my white counts would be last night. We were way off! I will tell you that they spiked dramatically! However, that doesn't mean I'm out of here. They need to monitor to see if the spike was chemically induced (by possibly withholding the growth factor drug for a day) or if things are starting to percolate in there. I did have to get platelets last night after setting a "personal best" for low platelet counts.

The doctor did start talking a little bit about how many more days it could possibly before release and it's still within the original time frame. When you start feeling well and numbers get bumping up, you get a little hopeful, but patience has to kick in. Otherwise, if I'm released too soon, as the doctor said, "It's a blow to the ego to be released and then have to be readmitted for observation." I'll go with that.

What's up for me after I'm released and how will I have to surrender independence? I will have folks staying with me for awhile to keep their eye on me. How long that will be, I have no idea. Should have a better idea about that somewhere in the second week after I am released. In addition, I will not be allowed to go to the grocery store or anything like that for awhile, so I will probably need people to go shopping for me. Makes me remember early in the year when I got excited about being able to go buy a mop and bucket on my own when I had been restricted from that for awhile.

Speaking of mops and buckets....there was quite the army at my house yesterday cleaning it from top to bottom. To each person I spoke to afterwards,(I'm sure they would have been doing something else yesterday..can't say I blame them), the number one thing they all spoke about was how cool it was to watch them all work together and how proud they were of what they had done.

Write this down...."Greg Frazee is SPEECHLESS with gratitude."

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Speechless? As if. Hope your whiteys hang in there.