Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stepping Up

Blood work numbers continue to climb. All of them. No discussion yet about time frames for getting back to some of the "normal" activities, but every day is one day closer.

Some great stuff from yesterday: One of the people that had stem cells collected at the same time I did was in the clinic yesterday. It was the first time I had seen him since we had our stem cells collected. He looked great! On top of his fight, he told me that while he was in the hospital, his 9 year old son had a brain aneurysm and was also admitted to MCV a day after he had been admitted for his stem cell treatment. His son was transferred to a hospital in Charlottesville, VA for rehab and is due to be released in a day or so. Yesterday was the most upbeat I had seen the father since I met him almost 2 months ago. Good stuff!

I am scheduled to go back to clinic on Thursday and as a part of that visit, I will have my access port that MCV used removed! It might be a little uncomfortable for a day or two, but it beats having them tubes hanging out of me. Can't wait!

No comments: