Friday, August 7, 2009

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y OFF!

I don't need to go to clinic tomorrow and won't go back until Sunday. Good stuff! White counts are still taking their dip due to coming off the growth stimulant. The amount of dip is within the expectations of the doctors, so it's all good. The platelets are continuing to creep up, which is a good sign. Could mean no need for platelet or whole blood infusions down the road, but I'm at peace with whatever has to happen. Didn't require any supplemental stuff today. The time was spent waiting for blood counts to come back. Wasn't too bad.

One of the nurses told me today that I would require all of my "baby vaccinations" when this is all done. That's interesting, but not outside the realm of believability.

Haven't heard anything more about the patient whose son was having a hard time. I plan to get some of that info on Sunday.

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is interesting that you have to be "revaccinated". But you are so used to needles by now that it shouldn't be a problem. And I am sure you will be a big boy about it. It's nice to come home every day and read that you are doing so well.

- Judith