Saturday, January 24, 2009

Converting on Fourth and Long

Yes indeed, there were some mentally down days this past week and there may be some more (but none are currently scheduled). That comes with the territory. But as Skippy said in one of his comments, "This is a marathon and not a sprint."
Physically, I feel better than I have in months. Due to the physical uncertainty of any form of cancer, there comes mental fatigue later on in the process. I have and will be addressing that with my caregivers. I trust that they will steer me in the right direction and that direction will be the best solution for me.
So.....to be very candid, I was facing fourth and long (mentally) the past few days. I've converted it into a first down, but there is still a ways to go to score a touchdown. I feel confident in the rest of the people my offensive side of the ball.
GO TERPS - BEAT THE EVIL DOOKIES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's something I found on cancer.
What cancer cannot do:
"Cancer is so limited...
it cannot shatter hope,
it cannot corrode faith,
it cannot destroy peace,
it cannot kill friendship,
it cannot suppress memories,
it cannot silence courage,
it cannot invade the soul,
and it cannot conquer the spirit."

Keep running your marathon and draft behind your support group when you need to.
Lisa

skippy said...

Love the sports analogies!