Friday, January 16, 2009

My People (and my Medication) Are On It!

A couple friends say that they might be able to help me out with the missing continental connections. Excellent!

Last night, went to bed at midnight after ingesting my little white (doctor and FDA approved) sleeping assistance friend. Slept 4.5 hours, as I was awakened by hiccups (remember the other friend that makes me do that?). Nibbled on something, drank some water, went back to sleep and then slept another 2.5 hours. Good stuff. Got up this morning and did some free weight work on the weight bench and I consider it a good day already!

Today, I go in for a shot that stimulates platelet production. Platelets are in the good range that would make me eligible for platelet donations - if I was allowed.

Do me a favor, if you live outside the Richmond VA area, call your local hospital and ask them what you need to do to donate platelets (even if you don't want to donate platelets). Then, let me know who you called and what was their response. I'm starting my effort to make it easy for people to donate platelets, but I want to know where the roadblocks are so I can go after them first. My primary focus is on The American Red Cross.

Antarctica, Antarctica,
Feel free to hit my blog site
Antarctica, Antarctica,
It will cause me to excite,
Antarctica, Antarctica
Land of the Penguin
Antarctica, Antarctica,
Once one visits,
Do they ever come back again? - Greg Frazee, 2009

(To the tune of "Oh Tannenbaum")
Sleeping Aid, Oh Sleeping Aid
You are my friend at bedtime.
Sleeping Aid, Oh Sleeping Aid
You make me sleep a long, long time
You are so small and yet so strong
You're lily white and a bit oblong
Sleeping Aid, Oh Sleeping Aid
I'm glad you're back in the meantime. - Greg Frazee, 2009
(Your doctor has prescribed your sleeping aid to help you sleep. The following information is intended to guide you in the safe use of this medicine. It is not meant to take the place of your doctor's instructions. If you have any questions about sleeping aid tablets be sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist.)

3 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

Does this mean when I am awake at 3:00 AM I shouldn't call you? Cannot recall the last decent night of sleep, so I feel for you.

Am thrilled you are coming in this direction! Let me know if you want to try to make a game.

skippy said...

JPN - you can always call greg when you can't sleep. He LOVES those kinds of calls!

Greg said...

Bad Skippy!