Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm Wondering....

...if companies are having to make some serious financial decisions to maintain themselves, why hasn't the down economy affected professional sports yet? Are teams considering paring back their rosters and maybe playing some defensive players on offense? I haven't heard that athletes are taking any cuts in pay so that ticket prices could be reduced so that "Joe the Plumber" can afford to take his family to see a game.

At the risk of being labeled a hypocrite, I have my favorite sports teams that I follow, but believe me, they haven't received as many of my dollars recently as they have in the past. I went to a preseason football game last August and was shocked and insulted at the costs of food inside the stadium ($10.00 for a cheeseburger).

In previous blog postings, I've talked about where my financial priorities are right now. In the future, my money will be spent on myself and those who can benefit from it. Not those who think they deserve it.

Amen.

No comments: