Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good Story (hopefully worth the wait)

I normally post first thing in the AM. Wasn't near a computer this AM as I was out of town and forgot (chemo brain) to take my laptop with me.

In the spirit of "Go Good," I present to you the following story (which is true).

As I walked into the waiting room for my chemo treatment, I held the door for an elderly lady with a pretty cool "rolling walker." It was red in color and she had attached various bags to hold her necessary items. As I was feeling full of goodwill (it being Christmas Eve and all), I was glad to hold the door for her, but my goodwill did not appear to be reciprocated.

I recognized her from previous appointments and she never struck me as someone who would appreciate my humor or personality. I considered her in the majority of most people in that respect. But there does need to be individuals on both ends of the spectrum in any statistical category, so I consider that my unique contribution to humanity.

Both of us ended up in the chemo room at a later point. She was there a shorter amount of time than I was that day. However, in a conversation she had with a nurse, she had a bigger impact on me than I on her.

At one point, the nurse that was attending her came walking up through the room with a smile as she nodded her head. I asked her, "What's going on?"

She replied nodding her head to the "walker lady," "Her prognosis isn't good. She just said to me that she would save me a seat in heaven. However, I would need to call before I get there as they may kick her out before I get there."

Go Good "Walker Lady!"

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Tee Hee. Go walker lady.