Friday, January 9, 2009

Know Anyone in Australia and Antarctica?

As of this morning, this blog has been looked at from locations in the continents of North America (US and Canada), South America (Peru), Europe (Scotland,UK, Greece), Asia (Pakistan) and Africa (South Africa), leaving only the two in the title above. How cool is that? Gotta say, didn't see that coming. The more exotic ones have been because of "Google" searches and they have landed on my page. Coincidental story is that yesterday, the hit from Greece was from someone Googling Yul Brynner. Not long after they hit my site, I heard "Tis a Puzzlement" on my XM/Sirius radio.

Second note: If you are holding back on getting medical care because of financial concerns, talk to the HR people where you work, your insurance agent and also your health care providers. I have been pleasantly surprised with my work provided health care. They have contacted me with a supplemental complex care nurse to review my situation at no charge. In addition, I have talked with a physiologist who is providing me a list of exercise regimens to help me build my body up physically - again, at no charge. I did hold back on getting care when I initially was not feeling well out of financial concerns, but I have not regretted it. Your 401K and other retirement investments will not mean a thing if you are not there to collect them. For now, invest in your health. If you do not have insurance, talk to your caregiver. They will work with you.

Finally, a friend of mine gave me a "Caddyshack" trivia game and suggested I post a question a day. Great idea (I thought I knew the movie, but some of the questions prove I do not!).

"What is the one thing we do NOT see Dr. Beeper do during Caddyshack?
A. Talk to his office B. Offer medical assistance C. Hurt himself D. Answer a page"

No comments: