Monday, January 26, 2009

Say What?

My blog report shows the blog was hit by folks in India, Turkey, Finland and Israel over the weekend. That's kind of odd.
My favorite was a hit from North Hollywood, CA. To which I say, "Anne Hathaway, you can call me anytime!"
Speaking of Hollywood, finally saw a good movie over the weekend- though it wasn't made in Hollywood - "Slumdog Millionaire."
I read Robert Schimmel's book, "Cancer on $5.00 a Day" over the weekend. He was diagnosed with Stage 3 Non Hodgkin's in 2000. He had a pretty rough time with chemo. Made me wonder if medicine has come that far in 8 years (I'll ask the doctor on Friday), OR reaction to treatment is different for each individual based on physical makeup. I'm thinking it's a combination of both.
Feeling pretty good overall. The chemo induced sinus drip cough is back (showed up after the steroid regimen was over) - but it's not annoying.
Duke Basketball is still the evil empire. Lady Terps took away some of the pain last night (Sorry Skippy).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Lady Terps! We're offically a Women's Basketball and Soccer school now. How about those men on Saturday? Talk about wearing the uniform with pride.

JPNtheHUN said...

What a fabulous, fabulous bball game!!! Want to do the Rutgers game? You can be part of my Rebounder family and meet the team and have pix taken (and be way less silly than I am. Or not.)

It was very moving to see how much pink there was at Comcast in honor/memory of Kay Yow. What an amazing inspiration she remains!

Am so sorry my Aussie connections have not worked. Would a Kiwi do?

skippy said...

Is it weird to post a comment to say "no comment?" The pink unis were a nice touch at least.