Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Other Stories

I talked to several friends yesterday who related stories of other people they knew that were diagnosed and are fighting their own version of a rat/alien. One of the individuals is an adult with a tumor on the back of her neck in addition to ovarian cancer. Due to her immune system being compromised, she is not permitted any human contact other than her caregivers. Another individual is a 3 year old that was diagnosed with a form of leukemia on Christmas Day.

As my friends relayed these stories, you could see the frustration in their face of not knowing what to do or say. Then they said, "All I am able to do is listen when I am talking to them."

I told them they knew what they were doing.

1 comment:

RERC said...

It is true. The listening is the important part. Also being around and available.

Listening and presence = caring and friendship.