Thursday, January 22, 2009

On The Other Hand...

Realized yesterday that I have a follow up visit next Friday (the 30th) with the Nurse Practitioner. Looking forward to it as that may help deal with some of the recent small anxieties and weariness.
Those who know me well know that I can create some scenarios, based on grasping small portions of reality (i.e. the Teddy Kennedy seizure got my attention).

That's why I look forward to discussing some issues with a professional who is willing to listen first and then make recommendations that are based in real time.

Don't get all concerned that I am going hypochondriac or anything. I'm not. However, I am learning to ask any and all questions to help with the mental aspect. FACT: The information may be online, but accuracy is questionable and statistics are a compilation of multiple inputs. They are not individually applicable. Any and all treatments are specific and not general.

I'm not becoming an authority on any of this, but I thank God for the "gift" of the knowledge I've attained. In the future, I hope that I will have the skill of listening to someone else as they go through similar challenges.

Should have listened to the film critics about "Paul Blart, Mall Cop."

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Hang in there baby and definitely DEFINITELY ask questions. I know in any situation, at the beginning, it's hard to even know enough to know what questions to ask. Now that you have more information, and you know what is "normal" for you in this very abnormal situation, you should be full of questions and be willing to know that even the answer from your favorite nurse will be his or her analysis and not necessarily the final answer. You can definitely ask other people with knowledge and see what they say too. Medicine is only part science. There a LOT of art in it too.

Too bad about Mall Cop. I think Patrick is going to drag me to that one soon.... Don't bother with Hotel for Dogs either. Although I don't guess that one is high on your list of "must sees."