Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF

This morning, the metallic aftertaste that follows a chemo treatment appears to be gone (it typically starts the day after chemo and lasts a week or so). It's not awful and beats the side effect of not having any taste sensation at all (which I haven't experienced). The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night and the aftertaste tasted like I had just finished smoking a really bad cigar.

Things are looking up today (I'm fully aware the last few blogs were not all that bright and shiny - I can't be pretty every day).

Love the perspective of a friend who suggested a party the day after final chemo (which if the full 8 chemo treatments are required - that will not be confirmed until after another CAT scan in early March), on April 10 (Good Friday - meaning the final treatment would be on the day Passover begins). Interesting.

"Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain
There should be sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now" - Dire Straits

And...from my all time favorite Rock and Roll band (with no apologies):

"You got me runnin' goin' out of my mind,
You got me thinkin' that I'm wastin' my time.
Don't bring me down,no no no no no,
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down." - Electric Light Orchestra

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Hey there, Mr. Blue Skyyyyyy!