Thursday, January 1, 2009

How Cool!

Apparently there were folks in Canada and the British Isles interested in New Years Blessings yesterday. I counted 8 searches from Canada and 4 from the British Isles that did a Google search and hit my blog from their search. That's pretty cool.

I'm still listening to Christmas music and haven't decided when I will stop (maybe I won't). I have really enjoyed listening to the music this year (except for the two worst Christmas songs ever - 12 Days of Christmas and Feliz Navidad) because of the feelings generated by the music. I have a friend who was lamenting that she hadn't watched "Charlie Brown Christmas" yet and I told her that Christmas started on December 25. Furthermore, El Dia de los Tres Reyes isn't until January 5, so celebrate and soak it all in my friends!

Finally, a medical note...Yesterday, I received a call from my nurse practitioner just to congratulate the Terps on their Bowl win, wish me a Happy New Year and to discuss the Hokies Bowl game (she's a Hokie fan). Is there any doubt I am in the hands of the right caregivers?

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
And gie's a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,
For auld lang syne
For auld lang syne, my jo,
For auld lang syne,
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
For auld lang syne
-Robert Burns


1 comment:

Stevo said...

First!! Finally! We sang Christmas Carols at mass this Morning. Michael LOVES to sing and he was giving it his all on Angels We Have Heard On High, the closing hymn. See you SOON!!