Monday, June 29, 2009

Counting Down

This Friday is the first shot to boost stem cell production. It comes with the potential side effects of bone pain in the bones where the bone marrow is most prominent, some slight fever, etc. All which can be treated by taking Tylenol. As mentioned before, I will have to get one shot daily (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday). I have the option of bringing the medication home and giving myself a shot on Saturday and Sunday. However, I have issues with watching needles be put into me. I don't mind the pain and I don't care if someone else is putting the needle in me, I can't do it to myself. The kind folks at MCV told me I could come down there and have them do it for me. Right now, I'm leaning that way.

In the race of anxiety vs. determination, anxiety sometimes takes a slight lead, but determination always battles back. Right now, they are running neck and neck.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First.

.... and DOWN the stretch they come! It's Anxiety's Girl by a nose but Determined Effort is closing hard! Anxiety's Girl is lengthing her stride but here comes Determined Effort! It's Anxiety's Girl moving to the rail, OH MY GOD! Determined Effort noses in down the rail, pushing Anxiety's Girl to the side and grabbing the lead. It's Determined Effort! Determined Effort! Determined Effort is your winner!!!

Hold all tickets.

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute, I offered to give you shots! Like you, I could never do it to myself, but I am sure I could do it to someone else. I watched my neighbor give the other neighbor allergy shots all the time.

Okay, I am no expert so that might make you nervous, but I can put my mom the RN to the task of helping you. She is in Richmond this weekend and is not too far away from you. Stephen W can vouch for the wonderfulness of my mom. She just spent the last 3 weeks nursing me back to health, so her skills are fine tuned right now.

-Judith