Friday, June 5, 2009

I Like It

I like that my favorite NHL team is playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. Normally, that would be enough. This year, it holds some special meanings. 1) I'm using physical activity to deal with the excitement. I.E. Last night I came home from work and went for a walk. Somewhere in the middle of that walk, I actually jogged for half a block. Haven't done that in years. 2) The owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Mario Lemieux, fought his own battle with a version of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He played hockey on the NHL level after he dealt with it. 3) I'm glad Miroslav Satan (pronounced Sha-tan)is a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He's good. However, it would crack me up if some day he played for the New Jersey Devils. 4) The irony of scheduling the final treatments for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma at the same time my favorite team is playing in the National Hockey League Stanley Cup Finals, is not lost on me.

To my friends who are Red Wing fans, I'm not talking any trash yet. I shouldn't. However, a warning to you if you do and your team loses the series. I've already done some serious smacking down of one opponent in the past 7 1/2 months........

2 comments:

RERC said...

That second period was something last nigh. Sheesh!

Kathy T. said...

Thanks for giving the pronunciation of Miroslav Satan's name. There are sports illiterates reading this who would not have known...I know this because... :)