Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Details Are Filtering In

This week, I have an appt. with the Nurse Practitioner on Friday. Next week, nothing is scheduled, but I'm sure after this Friday, there will be appts. scheduled as next week is when my blood counts hit their low after chemo. Meaning, there will be some platelet and possibly whole blood infusions.

On June 15, I am scheduled to have my day of pretesting at MCV. It starts at 10AM and goes throughout the whole day. There will be various tests, including a psychosocial examination (have fun with that) to determine that I will be capable of receiving the treatment. Even though a day's worth of testing sounds a bit exhausting, I know I am going to learn stuff that day and that makes it interesting to me.

On June 18, I have a follow up appt. with my oncologist and then on June 22, I meet with the MCV folks to review the results of the June 15 testing. At what point after that I begin the stem cell extraction and then chemo, is to be determined based on results and their scheduling capacity.

Woke up this morning with a "yak attack." Was a bit surprising, but this chemo stuff is cumulative and has a mind of it's own. Nothing too serious and not an indicator that I'm getting sick. It's just the way it is and you deal with it. 4P pills are close at hand. For now, I'm going to go catch some nap time and hope to go into the office later on this AM.

4 comments:

Stevo said...

FIRST!! Wish I could watch some hockey with you 2night and trash talk on Sid the Kid (he rather annoys us Wings fans, eh?).
We're rather liking our MI home grown Kid, Justin Abdelkader. His shot, which I've dubbed the Abdelkader Penetrator, has been a sweet addition to da Wings arsenal.
GO WINGS!!
GO GREG!! CLOBBER THE ALIEN!!!

Stevo said...

Follow up comment/concern. I will TRY not to morph into another annoying "Michigan Boy". BTW how is he? Hardly ever talk smack as you know and I'll likely pay the price (Your Ice Birds won't go winless I'm sure, and even though Sidney annoys me, he's not a bad hockey player).

skippy said...

Greg, I think you've come up with the newest Fox network reality show: "When Yaks Attack!"

What? Not that kind of yak? Oh, now I get it. Hope your tummy is feeling better.

Wings fans are as bad as Yankees fans. :-P Let's talk real sports: Is Grevious back or not??? LOL.

Anonymous said...

Love ya Steve but, Go Pens! Beat the Red Wings or is it asking too much for another one of my teams to win a championship in Detroit.

But I will agree with the CLOBBER THE ALIEN cheer.

- Judith