Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Don't Ask Me Why... Don't Know"

One of the questions that came up in the psychosocial interview the other day was, "Have you always been this optimistic?" I replied that I hadn't. However....I told her that the driving force in my life is my deep rooted belief that in this world there is good and bad. I believe that the force of good is bigger and more powerful than the force of bad and from that comes hope and optimism.

All of that said, I am mentally pretty much ready to go ahead with this treatment. Yesterday was one of those "validation days" where things were said and done to offer me support to go ahead with it. One of the people that works in the blood lab told me that her sister had this same treatment and would be happy to talk to me about her treatment. She had hers 8 years ago. That's good stuff. The Nurse Practitioner (who I deeply respect) offered her insight and then said some very encouraging things to me about how she thinks I will deal with it. A friend of mine suggested that I ask the MCV folks to put me in contact with some of the folks that have been through this. I e-mailed my MCV contact and requested that of her and she responded promptly that she would help me with that. Another friend e-mailed with some encouraging words and also approved the use of some swearing as therapy. Told her I'm close to maxing out my co-pay on that.

"Sign,Sign,everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery. Breaking my mind.
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?" - Five Man Electrical Band

1 comment:

Stevo said...

FIRST!! One of the many great attributes you have, my friend, is your optimism. (Like the line about maxing out the co-pay : )