Thursday, June 4, 2009

Up Next

June 5: Meet with Nurse Practitioner - regular blood work, possible whole blood or platelet infusion.
Week of June 8: Tentative appts. with Nurse Prac. - see above
June 15: Day of pretesting at MCV (seriously, a full day). Various exams including bloodwork, updated physical, EKG, MUGA scan, psychosocial exam.
June 18: Meet with doctor - regular blood work and review
June 22: Follow up with MCV folks to review pretest results and discuss upcoming schedule.
June 26(tentative): Collection of stem cells
June 27(tentative): Admission to MCV for start of 3 week stay

The reason the last two dates are tentative is that they are based on results of the pretesting and there could be some curve balls. Not that any are expected, but nothing is expected with cancer. That's the way it is. The best plan you can make is to not make plans. I've developed a system for when plans go as scheduled and for when plans don't go as scheduled. It simply involves being nice to yourself with something. Whether it's a food treat (lettuce sandwich) or buying a book or an album I've been wanting, you get the idea. One of these days, I may decide to treat myself with a trip to the Caribbean in spite of the doctor's restriction on travel (Lighten up Lucy, just seeing if you were paying attention).

See ya!

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! With all due respect to your childhood memories, my good friend, a lettuce sandwich (with or without Miracle Whip) is NOT a food treat.

Wings and beer? A different story. Throw in a soccer playing cutie for a waitress and you've really got something going.

Anonymous said...

I used to love mustard sandwiches as a kid, but that is not going to be my treat this weekend. I don't know what my last real meal this weekend will be, but it won't be a lettuce or a mustard sandwich. Skippy may have inspired me to go for some wings and a beer or two or three. I am sooooooo looking forward to the liquid diet I have to endure on Sunday. <-- NOT. The upside is maybe I will lose a few pounds. Keep being good to yourself Greg.

- Judith