Saturday, December 6, 2008

Can't Prove It By Me

I have NO idea why anybody would want to electively take steroids. I take 5 days of steroids (5 pills daily - 3 at breakfast and 2 at lunch) after each chemo treatment and even though I can detect some effects on taste, I can tell you that the steroid pills taste awful. However, I chase them quickly with water or juice and since you take them during a meal, the bad taste is gone quickly. That, and knowing that they are helping the overall condition, makes me fine with any of the bad stuff.

I just had a conversation with a good friend and one of the things we talked about is his appreciation of this blog and nice comments left about my style of writing on this blog. I told him that it's easy for me to be positive when I think of others who have more difficult challenges than me. We talked about Kay Yow (the Women's Basketball Coach at NC State) and her determination which inspires the rest of us.

From "Wide Awake" by M. Night Shyamalan (another movie I highly recommend)
Frank Benton: Hey Josh, is today tomorrow?
Joshua A. Beal: No Frank, tomorrow's tomorrow. Today's today, and tomorrow's tomorrow.

2 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

hey you! just checking in. Drove to Pitt to see basket...um, my niece--that's right! Just happens to be a basketball game I can drag her to! So watch the girls tomorrow (via the Pitt web site) and look for the three of us in our Md red! (dragging the room mate too--we need to be a 'crowd'). Hope you are feeling OK! Am enjoying the movie/music quotes.

Sarah said...

Was just gonna say, steroids can make you moody...sad, angry, anxious, deliriously happy, etc...dunno if anyone told you that or not. My heart transplant patients tell me that Prednisone is the Devil in pill form. =)