Monday, December 1, 2008

Fun Times and Learning Things

Some great visits over the weekend from my brother in DC, friends in Richmond and friends from Apex NC (The children of the NC friends even decorated my house and Christmas tree for me!)
My smart friend Bobbi R posted a comment with words that had me puzzled, but I found their translation on the internet. She refers to my "meanmnach and àbhach personality!" What I found was a Gaelic translation site and the words translate to: àbhach - humorous, merry;
meanmnach - high-spirited, mettled, magnanimous, brave,courageous. Well, I'm not so sure those kind words apply 100% of the time, but I will take the compliment.
I will tell you there are doubting times, but as I told one of the nurses the other day, "I think about the bad stuff sometimes and then I realize I'm too lazy to worry about it, so I go do something else like call clients, read, watch a movie, or take a nap (the best therapy for getting away from the concerns of the world).
I think I figured out the headaches - it's a matter of my head position when I am sleeping, so one of today's distractions is getting pillow that supports the neck.
Other than that, the next chemo party is Thursday of this week. A very funny friend of mine is going with me to that appt. and we have our plans to pass the time figured out - there is some "concern" that we may get in trouble, but we're adults we'll behave (or drag everyone else in the room down with us - which is the ultimate goal.).

3 comments:

skippy said...

First! Glad the tree is up and trimmed. Getting tossed out of a chemo ward might be a noble goal indeed. Good luck with that.

On a more serious note, I don't know how you can be a UofMaryland fan. They (football and basketball) would drive me stark raving bonkers. Although being a Redskins fan lately ain't all toffee and crumpets.

JPNtheHUN said...

Greg--gotta agree with Skippy about the (male) Terps. Good thing we've got the WOMEN's teams to celebrate! Now if we can only figure out how to get some away team coverage. Was embarrassing to listen to the Montana announcer wonder why we had no coverage of our own. Am thinking maybe we'll have to do Cancun next year--so get better for that, OK?

Am proof reading again (proposal this time) and it always makes me think of you! And then I need to drink--think that's the proofing or the thinking of you??

Keep us posted on getting kicked out of chemo--maybe you should take video for youtube? We're all rooting for you to successfully get ousted.

erinnicole said...

i picked up a gaelic dictionary when i was in dublin this summer...i can bring it this winter break if you want to have more crazy irish word fun! :)